Light of Christ Ecumenical Catholic Community is a vibrant, inclusive, and welcoming community for all who, following the teachings and example of Jesus Christ, seek compassion, justice, and peace in the world. We seek to live our faith through liturgy and prayer, community building and collaboration, study and service.
All are welcome!
- We follow the teachings and example of Jesus who calls us to acceptance and unconditional love.
- We practice Catholic sacramental and liturgical worship and find inspiration from the great holy individuals of all spiritual practices.
- We are committed to contemporary biblical scholarship, honest dialogue, ongoing education, and spiritual development.
- We believe that the celebration of the Eucharist is the heart of our community faith. We welcome all to share in this experience regardless of race, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or religious tradition. At the table of the Lord, all are welcome!
- We believe that, by virtue of our baptism, all are called to leadership and service. Clergy and laity share responsibility and are equal partners in decision making, ministry, prayer, and service. We are all important to building a strong community that brings joy and meaning to all.
- We respect all creatures and creation. We believe that the earth is a shared inheritance meant for the benefit of everyone. As earth’s caretakers, we are committed to protecting its finite resources, now and in the future. We are committed to living a conscientious lifestyle so that others may have enough. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and learning better ways to live sustainable.
- Compassion and justice are our core gospel values. Our faith calls us to action. As followers of Jesus, we stand in solidarity with those who are marginalized, vulnerable, or powerless. We advocate for policies that promote economic justice and programs that serve the needy. We seek healing, compassion, and forgiveness for ourselves and all those in need of God’s love.